Sunday, March 30, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
My mom and I took an exciting trip over the weekend to the booming metropolis of Bay Springs! No, we did not go for adventure. We went to help my brother, Rick, and sister-in-law, Meggie, paint their house. The previous occupants had an interesting taste in paint colors. One bedroom was a sloppy mix of hot pink and red and the living room was a rust color. With countless hours of HGTV under our belt, my mom and I were the perfect people to make their place beautiful! The weekend included hours of shopping, priming with Klitz, lining the walls with blue tape, and painting. We had lots of fun, but we did not realize how much work it would really be. In the end their house was beautiful!
My niece, Kailee, has a beautiful shade of pink in her nursery. It is called Ballerina!
The living room is very large so we painted it a darker color to make it feel more comfy. It is a great shade of tan called sauteed mushroom!
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 2:11 PM
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Yay! Candise and Taylor are in Jackson, so they came by to visit last night! It was so much fun catching up with Candise! The Brown's are loving Washington DC, buying a new house, and expecting a baby boy (Andrew Isaiah) on July 10th! And Taylor had tons of great tricks! He can do push ups and knows tons of words. As you can see, he and Nova loved each other!
And Taylor loved Nova's crate and toys! And he shared ice with Neeli and Nova! He was so much fun that the girls did not want him to leave.
Taylor also had some male bonding time with Wayne. Wayne introduced him to a turkey foot and they played with walkie talkies. I think Taylor likes Wayne's "man cave!"
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 11:13 AM
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
1. Who is your man? Travis Wayne Black
2. How long have you been together? Since Summer 2002
3. How did you meet? Ms. Ray's Trig. class at Hinds... I made the highest grade on the first test!
4. How long did you date? Almost 5 years
5. How old is your man? 26
6. Who eats more? Me... big girl needs her food
7. Who said "I love you" first? Me... and Wayne said "Thank you"
8. Who is taller? Wayne is 6'3"
9. Who sings better? Even though I did sing in Miss MS, Wayne... I think he should be on American Idol!
10. Who is smarter? Depends... See Q #3! We both have common sense, but Wayne has me beat on book smarts!
11. Who is more athletic? Ha! I have a more athletic build! We are both athletic.
12. Whose temper is worse? Probably me, but only bc Wayne knows how to push my buttons.
13. Who does the laundry? Me... but Wayne matches the socks!
14. Who takes out the garbage? Wayne always takes it to the road, but I often take it outside.
15. Who pays the bills? Usually me... but I talk to Wayne about it while I am writing the checks!
16. Who is better with the computer? Depends... We are good a different things!
17. Who mows the lawn? Wayne, but I like to plant flowers!
18. Who cooks dinner? Chef Wayne-O
19. Who drives when you are together? Usually Wayne... he says I have weak motor skills.
20. Who pays when you go out? Wayne... it takes too long for me to dig through my purse.
21. Who is most stubborn? Wayne
22. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? Me, but we both hate to be wrong!
23. Whose parents do you see the most? Wayne's... they live about 2 miles away
24. Who kissed who first? He kissed me!
25. Who asked who out? Wayne asked me out three times before I agreed.
26. Who proposed? Wayne!!!
27. Who has more friends? Wayne's friends live close to us, so we hang out with them more.
28. Who has more siblings? We are both the oldest of two.
29. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Wayne
30. Who is the most romantic? Neither of us is romantic... we are really silly!
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 2:18 PM
Monday, March 17, 2008
Saturday was opening day of Turkey Season! Wayne was so excited to go with Caleb to his place near Meridian for opening weekend. Caleb, Clint, and Wayne saw lots of birds, and Wayne killed his first turkey of the season on Sunday morning. Yay! Go Wayne! Caleb's puppy, Brooke (in the photo), was really excited too. Brooke's friends, Neeli (our black lab) and Bella (Clint's black lab-Neeli's sister), had a fun weekend playing in the dirt!
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 12:04 PM
Friday, March 14, 2008
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 11:33 AM
Thursday, March 13, 2008
Wayne went bow fishing with the guys last night. He did not get home until 3:30AM!!! But he had a lot of fun. He caught the two largest fish of the night. The gar is 5’ on the nose long and 35 pounds. The big common carp weighed 30 pounds! He was so excited!
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 11:01 AM
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Yay! My best friend, Leigha Gallman Dawkins, is now a blogger!!! I am so excited! Check out her blog: http://www.jasonandleighadawkins.blogspot.com/
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 3:09 PM
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Yes, it is March 8th! And last night it snowed! Of course, there was not much snow. But based on Neeli, Nova, and Wayne's reaction you would think we got 10 inches! The Black girls had so much fun! They were not sure if they should eat it or play with it! Wayne, on the other hand, just wanted to play!!! Unfortunately, there was not enough snow to make snow angels! Sorry Wayne!
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 11:00 AM
Friday, March 7, 2008
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 12:38 PM
Monday, March 3, 2008
A year ago today Wayne and I became husband and wife! After being engaged for nearly two years, we were so excited for our big day to be underway. And what a fun day!!! I remember my cheeks hurting from smiling so much.
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 10:34 AM
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Can you believe that we have been married for one year? Of course, there is no better place to celebrate than New Orleans! We traveled on the train, stayed at the W - French Quarter, explored the Aquarium, sang karaoke on Bourbon, and ATE TOO MUCH!
Posted by Sally and Wayne at 10:00 PM